Friday, January 21, 2005

My mail lady

My mail lady... where to begin. I guess I should start on day one of living here. I put mail in the mailbox and discovered no arm on the box. No biggie I thought. Except we are new here and don't hardly get any mail so the mail lady flies by our house like her ass is on fire every day. By the way, what kind of stupid piece of crap mailbox doens't have a arm?
Fast forward to Tuesday. Nicole has the baby and I spring into action, producing birth announcements on the same day of the birth. I tried going by the post office but they don't pick up the mail out of the box IN FRONT OF the post office until 5:00 each night. What the crap? Clean that shit out 5 times a day, what do you think you do here? So I go home and put it in my mailbox, surely we'll get mail tomorrow... which we totally didn't. Yes, perfect. I busted my ass trying to get these things done so they could sit in my mailbox. So today I go out there and, awesome, there is mail in my box. I get it out and the birth announcements are UNDER MY FREAKING MAIL. So I end up running down the street with a baby on my hip throwing envelopes at my maillady's brown stationwagon with the pizza delivery-esque mail sign on top screaming, "take the mail out of the freaking box!"
So yeah, I gave the announcements to my mom to mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home