Small town in a big city
So I have had some problems with some of my orders at the store. One of which was that in one of the checks I wrote, the number didn't match the written out number, and this took them four weeks to figure out. Apparently, when this happens, you get an offical letter from someone special in their company, so I recieved one of these letters, and it was from someone I went to high school with. I'm reading the letter and thinking, ain't fucking way this is who I think it is. So I ask my mom, because my brother is 'best friends' with her brother. Mom said that she does live in the city that the letter originated, but that's all she could tell me. A week later, my brother said his friend asked him about my business because his sister wrote me a letter. Apparently, his friend didn't know I was opening a store, even though he works in the same office as my brother, talks to him every day, and considers his his best friend. It is strange how I happen to write the wrong number on the check for this company of all the ones I dealt with that day, prompting a letter from this particular person, sending it down the gossip train, and back to me.Anyway, the store is prompting all kinds of other gossip, although, once I open, the mystery will be gone, I'm afraid. My mom is catching the most of it since she is out in the town dealing with her gossip mongering friends, and in turn, their gossip mongering friends. She got a call from a friend of a friend that wanted me to promote her dog paintings in my store and do her sales tax for her. This same lady sent another lady to me that wanted a photo restore. It was a real easy job, but here were the catches, the lady and her husband are six million years old, and the picture was round. When I have her the copies, I had made some round ones, and some square ones. I didn't trim them because you really have to do that for whatever fram they are going in. That prompted a very confused phone call involving her accidentally dropping something on one of them and ruining it, and me telling her she would have to use scissors to cut the photos round so they would fit into the round frames. (Sorry dude, they don't make round paper for printers, nor is there a paper cutter that is circular) The whole time her husband is being disgruntled in the background. I told her if she coundn't get the pictures into frames then to bring them to be and I would do it for her. She liked the gesture and it inspired her to keep trying to do it herself. She called me back later and had gotten them all in the frames, but would still need a new one of the one she destroyed. Ahh, the public. Thankfully, it is going to be another week before there is an article about me in the paper, so I have another week of peace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home