Monday, February 13, 2006

Published in a different way

I got interviewed and photographed for the local paper today. There is going to be a story about my store in the business section this week. An old friend is writing the story so I've had a lot of input and she knew to ask me different questions another writer may not have asked. She was going to put where I went to high school and grade school, but I thought it best to omit those facts. When we were in KC a couple of weeks ago staying with Katie's brother, the subject of where I went to high school came up and Katie's brother started in on it... "Borgia..." (snort, snicker) He still believed all these crazy rumors about my old high school and still hated it ten years later. I don't need a rock coming through my window because Union gets beat by Borgia one night in some random sporting event. People cling to the most rediculous things. When you first get to Mizzou, the first thing they try to do is get you to hate KU. Is this necessary? So, I go here, so now I am required to form hated? Is it necessary to hate other schools and the people that go there? I don't claim my high school any more. I don't know the students that go there, I don't know what they are up to. I don't really know if their sports teams are very good or not. It doesn't reflect on me. I have nothing to do with it. I've been gone for a long time, they could all be smoking crack pipes during lunch for all I know. My point is, you aren't there anymore, time to stop hating all your old rivals from grade school thru college, it really wasn't all that good of an idea when you were actually there. Also a good idea to remove all your alma maters from the pedestals you may have placed them on, the school is most likely totally different from when you were there, and everyone you knew there, besides the teachers, are probably long gone. Until everyone figures this out, the public knowledge of my early education will remain glossed over.

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

boo borgia....mizzou-rah, mizzou-rah, mizzou-rah....TIGERS!

yes, I agree it is in your best interest to not mention the grade school, high school, etc...some of us, proudly, never let go.

KQ

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Dude, let it go. Soccer is over, the Martinez sisters are in the wind, its over, its history, nobody that goes to either school even knows you or the Martinezes even existed. Any reason why you hated Borgia is either based on falsities or has graduated and been forgotten. Time to move on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home