Friday, November 25, 2005

My party

So I had a party the other night, the night before Thanksgiving. It went well, good turnout, people stayed until 2:00, which is nice because that means everyone wasn't eager to get the heck out as soon as possible. Well, some people did that, but not everybody. I gave Chad his mystery plant. I try to make the blog as interactive as possible, so I decided to give out the mytery plants and make it a bit of a competition to find out what the plant is. The plant will most definatly turn into something recognizable, the competition part is to tend it well enough that yours will turn into it first, and thus know what it is. I have yet to give Katie hers, but I might deliver it today. Jeremey is also on the list, but he won't get his until like Christmas or later. Unless Rachel wants dibs, but she is freakishly good at gardening and would probably recognize it earlier than most, perhpas right away, I don't know what kind of stuff she grows at her house in terms of flowers and whatnot. I do have four plants, but I kind of want to keep one for myself. In similar interactive blog news: my cousin finally gave me my CDs I bought from his band six months ago. So I'll be sending those out. I don't expect anyone to listen to the whole thing, because I haven't even put it in my CD player before, but I sent one to Aaron and he said the intro is... well... you just have to hear it. I recommend listening to Night Riders of Death, its an experience. I've listened to it from his first CD, and I've heard it live. Wes, considering your particular profession, you are the first on my list to get one. I expect some kind of review of Knight Riders... good times.
So yeah, more about the party. Good turnout, I had about 18 people. That would be weak by high school standards, but for my age, I view it as some sort of accomplishment. This was the first time I had seen Chad in like ten years, who reads my blog by the way, shout out to Chad. So given that everyone there had probably gone to grade school or high school together, some dirt was dug up and made fun of. My moment of horror was when Chad brought up that I was an early bloomer, so to speak, and all the guys in grade school used to talk about it. Which isn't a big deal, and kinda funny, especially if you are Todd, but it was like one of those things that you told yourself nobody notices so many times that you believed it, and then to find out that indeed everyone did notice and talk about it, like middle school wasn't horrifing enough. I wasn't at an age where I could mentally deal with what God had given me. Todd was wildly amused by my embarrasment, as I'm sure everyone else was. After midnight it kind of turned into talent night. There was some singin' and guitar playin'. Chad showed his color guard video. We made John do a monolouge before he would be allowed to leave. There was a hint of dancing, but not a full on routine. Perhaps Andrea and Alyssa will be more prepared next time. Wes, you would have fit right in with the guitar playing. But yeah, that was my party. Just wait till the Christmas bash...

3 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knight Riders of Death had it's debut today in my car. I think that it's going to be a one play wonder. Here's what I wonder, is there any heavy metal that doesn't focus on darkness and death? Could the topic be babies and butterflies or is the focus part of what makes metal, metal?

The party was good times...fortunately I didn't have to show off a "trade" (freshman Sobibor reference - basically refering to an artistic skill). Because quite honestly, I am not much of a performing artist. I don't sing unless I am in the car and the radio is way up, don't dance, unless it's in some sort of club/wedding, don't play any instruments, three blind mice on the recorder does not count as playing music, not particularly an actress, although on rare occasions, I can be a bit dramatic. Believe it or not, I always wondered what I would do for a talent if I was in the Miss America pageant....I couldn't come up with anything...juggle a soccer ball?

can't wait for the Christmas event!
Katie

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

For a second, I thought you were going to suggest that metal music could perhaps be about the properties of actual metal, which would be pretty ironic, since the members of the band are all engineers or computer programmers. In any event, there is a show coming up, any takers?

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Stacy said...

Okay, I have to write a song.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home