SuperBowl Sunday
I spent the weekend working at the store trying to get things set up. This is when I realized that Todd wouldn't be the best stay at home dad because he kept calling me because he was bored. I was kind of overwelmed because there was too much stuff to do, but now that I got some stuff done, it is easier to focus on one task at a time. They are supposed to be offically finishing the store this morning and doing the final inspection today. Yesterday, I think the SuperBowl was on in my house for maybe five minutes, and that was just because mom wanted to know the score, but the kids also didn't want to watch football so that's all it was on. Then I'm all hyped to watch Grey's Anatomy, the post-game show is over... when they start in on yet another post-game show, only this one was the local show. Who fucking cares! How much can one game be analized and scrutinized? Everyone who watched the game is either passed out or in the car on their way home. After an HOUR of that post game, I'm one segment away from Grey's Anatomy, when our power went out. Luckily, it came back on before my show started, otherwise, I would have been ready for the looney bin. The looney bin came when after I stayed up all damn night to watch my show and I finally got snuggled in bed and started to fade, Gabe started screaming. He did it two more times after that and then Isabella got up at 6:15. No rest for the wicked, they say.
3 Comments:
so although I do love Gray's, I have to say come on, what the crap is the porn scene at the beginning? a cheap thrill to throw out at the guys who may still have the television on from the superbowl. Are we trying to expand the audience to the male contingent? I'm sorry, the melodrama loving fans that exhault gray's anatomy are not the same people that are looking for a cheap girl on girl on girl action. ok, now I have said my peace. Katie
oh and I totally agree that it was crap to make us sit through local sports commentaters before starting Gray's.
They did the same stunt when they ran Alias after the Super Bowl one year. That stunt didn't work in St. Louis because the only people that sat through the local show were loyal watchers of Grey's anyway.
The excessive number of post-game shows was required not for further game analysis, but rather to alert anyone who might have missed reports that Jerome Bettis is in fact from Detroit and that this may have been his last game ever. The world would not be right unless every sportscaster on Earth hit everyone else on the head with the "Jerome Bettis is from Detroit" hammer. In fact I'm kind of surprised that it wasn't part of the storyline in Grey's Anatomy.
Post a Comment
<< Home