Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I know how to take an insult

So Gabe is enrolled at two different preschools. The first one said they wouldn't take him because of his late birthday, so I enrolled him elsewhere, then the other place changed their minds, now I have him two places and I decided I would see which worked the best and do it that way.
So the first place is the Catholic school where he will be spending all of his days through eighth grade. The second place is the Lutheran school, they only have 3 and 4 year old preschool. I've heard good things about them. So he's been going to each two days a week. He doesn't seem to care where he is. The Lutherans have a fish tank which he is fond of, but the Catholics have a way sweeter playground, anyway... I've been thinking about cutting the Lutheran school and going all Catholic for a while now. Today was I think the end for me. The Lutherans have a class helper every day. I've done this several times now. I dislike it. I'm assigned the days, I don't volunteer. I was the helper today. The teacher is kind of a lot to take. She corrects them a lot and seems hard on them. Gabe doesn't notice. One day when I was helping, they had to do a rainbow over Noah's ark and they HAD to use every color in the rainbow and it had to be in an arch, which doesn't seem like it is a big deal, but they are three and that is actually asking a lot. She kept correcting them over and over and made them go back and add the color green or something, it was frigging nuts. Here's the glory. I tell the teacher: "It seems Abigail has taken a liking to Gabe." The teacher: "Abigail is very special. She likes to help those that need extra help. She was with us last year and she took a special liking to the Down Syndrome boy we had last year." Me in my head: Thanks for comparing my kid to the retarded kid. I have a bunch of little stories like this where the teacher seems to think Gabe is retarded, but that was is one of the most obvious. That is an old story. Today's story involves her basically telling me that due to the elaborateness of the costumes and the amount of time the children will be standing on risers, perhaps it would be best if Gabe didn't participate in the Christmas Show. Which is fine by me. I have this to say however: I accept my kid is the most spastic, most immature, just started talking, and whatever, BUT, those other jokers aren't much better and if you think Gabe is the only one that will be giving you trouble, yeah, good luck with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home