the chicken story
My mom has had a chicken loose for about a week. She was telling me about it and when I was at her house on Saturday, I thought I would catch it for her. There is a very easy way to catch a chicken. You get this long heavy wire and put a long thin hook on the end. Whip it around the chicken's legs and pull up, and you've got yourself a chicken, hanging upside down. So the chicken was in the barn lot. I got some corn. The chicken came up to eat it. I came up real slow. The wire was inches from the chicken's legs and I was going to make my move, when the freaking donkey came up behind me and scared it back down into the field. The next day, the family was out for Mother's Day. I gave it a couple more gos but the chicken wouldn't let me anywhere near it. I couldn't just chase it down either because it would just run to the other side of the barbed wire fence. So my heavy metal lovin' cousin and my husband were down there with me, in the field, trying to corner this stupid chicken. Pat was on one side of the barbed wire and me and Todd were on the other. Nicole was taping it. Pat was originally taping, but he wanted a piece of the action. At one point, as he was trapesing through knee high brush he said in all sincerity, "God... this is great." Then we had the chicken cornered and just when we thought it was ours, it flew up in the air right at me. While I should have tried to grab the chicken, the first and only thought in anyone's mind is: THERE IS A CHICKIN COMING RIGHT AT MY FACE!! Then I started laughing hysterically at how stupid I was, because I had yelled and ducked like a retard. So anyway: we eventually got the chicken cornered again and instead of flying, it just squatted down in defeat. Todd was all, "Get it Stace!" I asked him later if he had let me grab it because everyone was giving me shit for not catching it sooner, or if he just didn't want to touch the chicken. He said, "Well, I knew you wanted it, and I had never touched a chicken before." There isn't all that much glory in catching a chicken. But you get tons of crap for NOT catching a chicken. Take it from me, if given the opportunity to catch a chicken, catch the chicken.
2 Comments:
Way to go! You have restored your dignity now.
-Jeremey
You have no idea...
Post a Comment
<< Home