Monday, May 09, 2005

Friday with the Knight Riders

I have to say, not the worst time ever at the heavy metal concert. I had my ear plugs in so my brains weren't blown out. Pops is actually a nice place, not the scary whole in the wall places Elliott ended up in. I sat with my cousin's wife and her dad and my cousin's dad. My cousin's parents get divorsed when I was four, making my cousin three. Pat is my cousin and he was named after his dad, FYI. I hadn't seen his dad until my cousin's wedding two years ago. He totally looked the same. I was pregnant with Isabella at the time, I went right up to him and was all, "Hey Uncle Pat!" It didn't occur to me that he hadn't seen me since I was four, he knew exactly who I was but the age change startled him and he was like, "Jesus Christ!" Anyway, now I see him fairly frequently for various reasons. Like random heavy metal concerts. So I sat with him. Uncle Pat had his wife's nephew with him and when we were introduced I said, "Pat's my cousin." Random stepcousin said "Your son's in the band?" (I'm thinking, dude, I know its a little loud in here, but seriously...") My cousin's wife, Christina, turned to me and said, "Did he just ask you if your son is in the band?" Then she rolled her eyes.
Anyway, the concert was great for people watching and I enjoyed watching my cousin play the drums. The music isn't my cup of tea, but whatever. I only got one CD, my aunt was in charge of selling them and she wouldn't sell one to me, she would only give them to me. I was arguing with her, "I'm trying to SUPPORT my cousin!!! Sell me some CDS!!" But she wouldn't. She did give me some Drizzit t-shirts for Mother's day. Score. There were two versions by the way. The one I got says: "Drizzit: American True Metal" The OTHER one says: "Fuck you. I like Metal." My brother was making fun of them the next day because some of the other guys in Pat's band try to be all hard core cussing at the crowd and putting fuck you on their t-shirt. He's like "What a bunch of nerds, Pat's a civil engineer and the rest of them are computer programmers." Which explains their cool website. Pat likes the music but he really isn't into the metal look. He comes off stage wearing a black t-shirt, nike basketball shorts, and addidas flip flops. Not the "I'm hardcore" black hat and leather pants of their computer programming lead singer. But anyway: I dare say it was almost entertaining, the experience in general, and I'll probably go again... someday...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home