Monday, November 28, 2005

Hospital run

I was supposed to go out to the Landing on Friday night. That didn't happen though. I returned home from running errands to find Isabella with a 106 fever and she wasn't looking so good. So I called the nurse line and they said to take her to the ER. It turns out she has some kind of Bronchitis even though she has yet to cough once, and she has an ear infection. She also has a swelled up tonsil and spots all over her throat, but I don't know what that was about, but they said she didn't have strep. She's been quite the little trouper. She only cried when the strangers were poaking and prodding her even though she was up way past her bedtime. She was even sitting there looking at books at the end of our ER trip. So now she is on antibiotics, and doing pretty well. Her fevers aren't as bad anymore. At first I had to force the antibiotics on her, which meant I had to force the tylenol on her because they all look the same, but she actually takes them after being talked into it instead of being pinned down with her teeth pried open. She's pretty smart, but she's still two, so there's a conflict between the two factors. I've gotten pretty good at handing her. Gabe on the other hand... he just walks around whining, and I don't know what to do with him. I just shut off the part of my brain that hears the whining. Is he getting teeth? Is he sick? I will never know because he is agitated all the time. I do know that if you take your shoes off he will come up and nibble on your foot. He's... extra special.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home