Little Einsteins
I hate this children's show. They base the entire show off of some study from twenty years ago about how if children listen to classical music in the womb then they will be smarter. This show, where to begin... all the back grounds are famous paintings, they have classical music playing in the background. What's so bad about that you ask? Well, one episode, they were growing plants in a garden. They were making plants grow by singing to them and playing music. How about some WATER? Yeah, maybe my kid will know something about music, but made giant steps backwards in terms of basic gardening. You know what poppped out of the plants when they grew? No, not a vegatable or flower. Row one was flutes, row two was violins, the third row there was only one plant, and it was a harpsicord. Today's episode wins the prize I think. There was a knight in the episode. Instead of riding, I don't know, maybe a horse? He was riding a cello. Just like a child would ride a play stick horse. Only it looked like he was humping the cello. Are we trying a little hard here? Perhaps teaching some wrong things in an effort to push music on the youth? I've only seen this show a couple of times, as I try to avoid it, but just like the Today Show, it turns up every so often to piss me off then go back into hiding.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home