I heart my Machete
My mom is at her annual three day golf extravaganza. This always happens near her birthday. While she is away, myself, Nicole and my mom's sister, Sally, decided to to some fixing up to my mom's garden and whatnot. Sally originally wanted to hire someone. Me and Nicole thought that this would cost too much and we were able bodied enough to do the work ourselves. A bit of the convo went like this:Nicole: "I'll bring my mechete."
Me: "You like your mechete don't you?"
Nicole: "I love my mechete."
The work list included getting rid of these giant bush weeds in the barn lot, all the millions of weeds in the giant garden area, precuring pansies that will bloom all winter, painting this bench that has flower pots on both ends, and then the removal of all the weeds. I was in charge of painting the bench. Todd and Nicole started on the weeds in the barn lot. These things were huge, and they were so big and prickly that the donkeys could not move about freely. You know, I can haul ass when it needs to be done, and I thought I was moving at a decent pace, until Nicole showed up and hit the ground running. She put on the nastiest jeans, grabbed her machete and put us all to shame. It looked like she was hacking her way through the jungle looking for lost treasure. She left her kids at her mom's house so she wouldn't be distracted. Mine were inside with Grandma. I went inside to check on them, I had been in front painting. Grandma was looking out the window, I joined her and she was watching Nicole hacking away. I thought one of the donkeys seemed awful close to her and Grandma said that whenever she leaned over, the donkey would take her nose and push Nicole in the butt and try to tip her over. Could not be funnier. I joined them in the garden later and asked her if the donkeys had been enjoying the company of her and Todd earlier. Her responce? "Damn donkeys." The weeds in the barnlot, Todd burned. The weeds in the garden we hauled away by the truckload, three truckloads to be exact. I primed on Sunday, and finished painting on Monday. I also planted some pansies. Today was officially phase two. Nicole and Aunt Sally were back full throttle. Nicole had procured an entire truckload of mulch, piled to the brim. I was the shoveler, Aunt Sally was the hauler, and Nicole was the dumper and spreader. We finished in under an hour. Aunt Sally was going to plant flowers later as me and Nicole had to tend to the children the rest of the day. My bench looks awesome. I bought two big yellow mums to put on the ends of my bright yellow bench. I know mom will like it. That's what moms do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home