Thursday, September 14, 2006

Rooster mania

My mom raised some chicks, from scratch, with her own chickens. They have come of age. At first we thought nature had done us a huge favor and there was only one rooster. Then we realised nearly half of them were turning into roosters, duh!!! There is one big alpha one that was throwing us off. I was looking in there and after a minute I was thinking, "That one kind of looks like one, that one is definatly one... one crap, that's another one..." Five roosters, friends. Plus she had two with her other older hens. I giant white one and a red one. Mom finally fessed up that the red one had been giving her the eye, I was appalled that she would let my children in with them if she thought the red one would be mean. It never attacked her, but she thought the day was coming. I've been attacked by a rooster before. I always watched the roosters like a hawk with my kids in there, fully prepared to kill one with my bare hands. So my mom had seven roosters. She got our vet to take them to his farm where they could run free, and lets face it, eventually be eaten by coyotes. Look here vegans, you just can't have seven roosters. They are mean to each other and others. They rape and pillage the hens, its ugly. That's the life of a rooster, eventually, somebody is going to eat you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home