my nieghbor
I was behind my house yesterday afternoon, the kids were swinging and I was playing catch with Laney. My nieghbor was behind his house sitting in a chair hanging out. He is retired but currently works at the VFW. He yelled over to me. This was the first time we had spoken, but he had spoken to Todd yesterday. He was telling me that they were going to put up Speed Limit signs in our nieghborhood. A week or so ago someone had died in our nieghborhood from flipping his car, rumor is he was going 70mph. It should be noted that we don't live on a through street. So he said that he called and blasted somebody at the police department for all the crazy driving on our street and they said they would do something about it. So we continue to yell back and forth for another minute or two when he FREAKED and started yelling, "Look! Look!" A cop had pulled someone over RIGHT between our houses giving us a perfect view. All I could say was, "You called that one." He ran inside to tell his wife.We have this window in our kitchen that we always keep the shade down because its the only window that looks right at our nieghbor's house. When the day is nice, every once in a while I open it. On one particular day I caught the two retirees in the hot tub. I don't open the shade anymore. I have plenty more windows to look out.
This guy also has a riding lawn mower with chains on it. For you city folks, the chains go around the tires and are typically used on a car in heavy snow. He was actually still spinning tires in his steep backyard.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home