Thursday, September 08, 2005

The Bunny

Todd was cutting the grass yesterday. It is actually a lawnmower we borrowed from my mom that is really like a weedeater. It has the big string that whips around in front of the thing you push. He got near some trees between our yard and our nieghbor's yard when a tiny bunny ran out and towards our backyard where my dog was waiting, jaws open. It stopped an inch from going under the fence. Laney was frozen on the other side ready to pounce. Like I've mentioned before, Todd is a friend to all forest creatures. The bunny decided to take its chances with Todd and not go through the fence, which it would easily fit through since it was so tiny. It was so frozen that Todd picked up the bunny with his bare hands and carried it back to the woods. He said it was frozen for quite some time and thought it had literally been scared to death. It eventually went on its merry way. That was Todd's payback to nature because Laney ate a turtle under his supervision, or lack thereof, while I was in Chicago. Could have happened to anyone, I'm glad I didn't find it. Laney is such a punk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home