Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Frozen in time

Anybody used to watch Reading Rainbow? I did. It is still on and Levar Burton is still the host. That dude is frozen in time. They had a blip about it in Entertainment Weekly several weeks ago. He's been the host for over twenty years. Man, that is some job security. He looks exactly the same.
Mr. Roger's neighborhood is still on. He died a couple of years ago but his legacy lives on. I watched a little tribute to his life things once and they showed a clip of him giving a speech at a college graduation and everyone was singing his theme song together, it was a tear jerker. He was also frozen in time. He looks the same in every one of his shows.
I wish I could look exactly the same twenty years from now.
Everybody on Sesame Street is frozen in time also. If you watched it as a child, if you turn it on now, all the same people will be on it and they will all look the same. They showed a clip from the second or third season and there was Maria and Bob, singing and dancing together. I think it is like from that one X-Files and all the hosts from children's shows sleep in tupperware at night so they don't get older. Sesame Street has been on for 35 years! How do you stay frozen in time that long?
I'm also adding to the frozen in time list: Dick Clark, Bob Costas, and Bob Barker. Bob Barker looks old with the white hair, but he has ALWAYS looked old. How old is that dude?

1 Comments:

At 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Older than dirt.

-jeremey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home