Insurance guy
The secratary of my insurance guy called yesterday. She wants to set up a phone meeting to talk about new pricing and whatever. We didn't tell them that we moved. Our house in Texas is still on the market, so we have to keep the insurance on it. If they find out you move then the kill you with insurance because an empty house is supposed to be a big risk. Well, they found us. But screw him if he thinks I'm going to call back promptly. Let me tell you a little about Bryan Jamison, our insurance guy. First, let me tell you a different story: The Christmas after I had Isabella we were in the market for life insurance. We thought we would go ahead and get it in Missouri since we were headed this way eventually, even though we still lived in Texas. I asked my brother who he used and he said this guy he was friends with in high school sold insurance. So I called him and he came out to my mom's house with his little laptop and talked to me and Todd. He lives in St. Louis, but he made the drive since we had a little baby and he was going to do some other stuff in the area. Yada yada yada, he ended up being super flakey, never called me back, couldn't get this guy to sell me insurance, I don't know how he made a living. So anyway, after a while we gave up on him. I had Gabe, now we REALLY needed life insurance. So we called the guy we had our home insurance with. I was talking to him on the phone and I told him I had a brand new baby and a one year old and it would be really great if he had a laptop, if he could come out to our house to meet with us so we wouldn't have to drag the kids since we had no babysitter. He was all, yeah, I can't do that, you have to come here, blah blah. So we pack up the kids, Todd takes off work, we dive the two miles to his office. That fucker didn't even have a computer at all. He was filling out a worksheet. And it took for fucking ever. The kids were losing it, I was definatly loosing it. But we wasted all this time on this already that we just bought it anyway. I would have loved to have left right when I didn't see a computer on his desk. And said something like, "We are so outta here, you lazy bastard."
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home