Nascar symbolism
I decided I didn't have anything interesting to write about so I would watch some of the Today Show so it would give me some material. I was instantly rewarded. So 12 miners die in a mining accident. Matt Lauer is on the scene interviewing the son of one of the men that died. This dude was probably in his fifties which means a) this guy's dad was super old and b) he should have known better. He should have known better is what I say when someone goes on national TV to talk about the unfortunate death of their father, and wears a Dale Earnhart hat. Way to give a shout out to the untimely death of someone else's father. Perhaps symbolically appropriate. Todd told me that someone had developed an apparatus that would help protect the heads of racecar drivers when in a serious accident. DE was old school and apparently thought such safety features were for pussies, and died from an injury that could have been prevented by such a thing. The miner's son told everybody in the nation this morning that his dad used to tell him about the safety violations at the mine all the time. In fact, a couple of weeks ago, that very mine was sited for over sixty violations. Perhaps the hat was a symbolic reminder that we should all look out for our own safty more... perhaps... or maybe all the rednecks should take off their stupid Nascar crap before going on national television... perhaps that.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home