Monday, January 02, 2006

Christmas Eve

The Christmas party was the day before Christmas Eve. Christmas Eve we go to Todd's parents house. My mom was kind enough to take the kids home with her during the Christmas party so they could get a good night's sleep and be ready to go for Christmas Eve and Christmas. So we swooped up the kids from my mom's that morning and headed to Todd's parents. The only funny part of the day for me was the clothes I recieved. She got me some jeans, and they were from the store I liked, but you don't automatically like all the clothes from the stores you like. One pair is the kind that come up to the belly button, and well, this isn't 1986. The other pair, in addition to the regular zipper, has two buttons and two snaps. Whenever I go to the bathroom, it is like I am wearing a chastity belt. I'm usually pretty quick when going to the bathroom when out with friends so nobody has to wait on me, but now it is like, "Sorry guys, I couldn't get out of my fucking jeans." The best though, has to be the shirts. There were two in the box, one was purple corderroy button up, the other had puppy dogs on it. When I was getting dressed to go out the other day, I was trying on one shirt after another and I hated all of them. That's when it occured to me that I don't go out very much, and I don't take the time to go to the mall and buy MYSELF clothes anymore, so when I do go out there is only stuff that my mom/grandma/mother in law has purchased for me, and it isn't exactly my style, to say the least. So I made a special trip to the mall the other day, bought a dress and a pair of jeans and a top set. First time I wore the jeans, Katie said, "Nice jeans" I'm all, "Fuck yeah, nice jeans." This is my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home