Tuesday, August 22, 2006

the parasite story

It all started when Todd's friends lived in Colorado. Their son got diarea that never went away. They took him to the doctor, but the doctor wasn't concerned. Months go by, he ends up in the hospital dehydrated, they hydrate him and send him on his way. They move here, they stay with us on two different occations for days at a time. The poop still flows like water from this kid. They get settle in and take him to a doctor here and insist on a full workup. They find out he has an intestinal parasite. It isn't a big deal, you take some medicine and you're fine. It turns out his sister had it too, she just didn't have symptoms. Since our kids bathed together, good chance they could have caught it. So when Isabella had some symptoms, I called the doctor's office. I had a whole speech, the name of the parasite she needed to be tested for, and a poop sample in a baggie ready to go. They wanted to see her instead of just testing the poop so off we went. I arrived at the doctor's office and at the window where you check in, I told the lady and I quote, "I have a poop sample in my purse, I was told that it was supposed to be refrigerated, so I don't know how long I am going to have to wait and what I am supposed to do with it." She says she will fetch a nurse. The nurse comes out and says, once again I quote: "Did someone tell you to bring this in?" No lady, I always carry shit in my purse. That is what I should have said, but I knew she was new and I didn't want to be an ass or she might "accidentally" loose it and make me get a new sample. It turns out Gabe has it too, and probably my niece. If my niece has it then I know my nephew will too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home