Thursday, July 20, 2006

hostest with the mostest?

I hosted Todd's family yesterday. Todd took the day off work. They spent the night on Tuesday and then spent the day on Wednesday visiting. Todd's friend Don brought his kids over too while we were cooking and Todd was home, why not? So I baked a ham for nine people and four kids on a Wednesday afternoon. Later that day, Todd's Aunt ended up sick and throwing up. Not from food poisoning or we would have all have it, for the record. They made the drive anyway to go home. Isabella woke up with the bug this morning but shook it off like any kid could and is fine now. After the giant storm last night, all these people are without electricity and that includes Don so he and the kids and his wife, April are coming to spend the night tonight. Holy crap, could I have more visitors? I feel like life and cooking and cleaning has been non-stop lately, and it has. As soon as I get the house clean and the food made, the guests show up, eat the food, the house gets trashed and then everyone leaves and I start all over with the cleaning of the sheets, dishes, floors, bathrooms, etc. Before I regain my life, its starts all over again. Then I'm having another party at the store on Saturday. Could I be a bigger glutton? I've been drowning for weeks. I have a round of doctor appointments next week, then the fair starts, then Isabella's birthday in the middle of that. This is why I haven't written much lately. Back to the grind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home