two tales of two models
Oh, the model. Something of an American tradition. Everyone would love to call themselves one. "Yes, I am known for my beauty and that is how I make my money, tra la la." Then there is the photographer. Also very tra la la if you are one of those photographers that gets to photograph these models. There is a far cry from Victoria Secret models to the JCPenny models, and the same goes for the photographers. A model can even be one of those people that stands in the window at the mall stores wearing the clothes from the store. Anyone with a camera can claim to be a photographer. Although, it should also imply that that is how you make your money and you have some degree of talent. There are certainly bottom feeders in both of these departments. With that said, I continue:There are lots of times when I would like to put quotes around things in this story to envoke sarcasm, but I will refrian, mentally install your own quotes where you know I would have put them. Todd's dad is in a photo club. One of his friends in the club knows some models. He organized a photo shoot where a group of photographers would meet up with the group of models and there would be a fest of free photo taking. The photographers would have the opportunity to photograph models, the models would get to be photographed and then they would get copies of the photos. Todd's dad took the photos to Walgreens to get developed and scanned. They ended up on my computer because he needed help with getting copies made. Luckily, Todd was able to do this, so I didn't have to get involved. I did see some of the photos. For the record, all of the photos were upside down. The model I care to describe is one who is very very white. Not ideal during a bikini photo shoot. At least she didn't have tan lines when she wanted to be photographed topless. Which makes me wonder what kind of modeling jobs she was going for. Then there was the issue of her pink hair, which really wasn't a big deal compared to her eyebrows which had been plucked so it looked like she was surprised/catlike. The topper was her earrings, they were the kind that looked like they were from some African tribe where they stretch the earring hole until you can see through it. You know what they say, it takes all kinds, even in the modelling world I guess??
The second story came about at my store. A friend of the neighboring storekeeper wandered in one morning and shot the bull for a moment then wanted to know if I wanted to see her son's calendar. I say, sure, why not. So she brings in the calendar and it is called "Boys and Bikes" or something like that. Shirtless men and custom motorcycles. Now, this woman's son was every bit a model. He was very ripped, but not too much, very tan, but not too much, and a face to match the whole operation. There he was on the cover of the calendar. I tried not to look to hard or too long at this specimen, since it was his mom standing right there, but I didn't want to be rude either and not look long enough. Anyway, I decide to check out the rest of the calendar. The rest of the guys in the calendar were not close to the statue and glory of her son. She said he realized that at the photo shoot that day and that the cover was his without a doubt. They were okay looking, one guy was ripped enough and all, but dread locks on a white guy? Anyway, I get to one month and there was a fairly portly looking fellow wearing long jeans, a black t-shirt and sitting on a morotcycle with no particular expression on his face. I had to inquire what the meaning of this was. She said that he was the owner of the bike, and if they wanted his bike in the calendar, he had to be one of the calendar models. Oh so many questions about this I have. Did this portly fellow really think himself a model? Why does he want to be in the calendar? Won't all of his friends mock him for his lack of hotness and blackmail modelling? Does he think this will get him chicks? Kind of diminishes the bragging rights for getting in the calendar in the first place when ownership of a bike will get you in.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home