Monday, January 31, 2005

a good nights sleep

The one thing that will allow you to make it though every day is a good nights sleep. Some people, like myself, have kids and can't take naps during the day. Some people work long hours. You gotta sleep. You GOT TO SLEEP. The kids go down at 8:30 and I've got my routine worked out pretty good. Todd is out of town and I'm helping Katie move tomorrow. So gotta sleep tonight. GOT TO SLEEP. So I'm in bed trying to wind down and Todd's stupid dog starts to bark, Riley. And I know he's barking at my annoying dog, Laney. Whenever he's barking and I go in the dog room Laney is laying there looking at me like, "I didn't do ANYTHING, he just started barking... don't kick me outside." And Riley's too dumb to pretend like he wasn't doing anything. So I go to kick them out and Riley stopped listening to me when I told them to go out, he would stand there in fighting stance testing me. This has been going on for a couple of weeks. He started barking at 10:30 as my head hit the pillow tonight. And barking and barking. I tried the Darth Vader thing where I strangle him with my mind... but I'm no Vader. Then it came to me as I was plotting his death. So I got up and went down there and waited outside the door to the dogroom until I heard him bark again and I burst in the room and there was Laney doing the "I'm not provoking him" laying on the floor thing and there was Riley standing there like, "yeah I barked... what are you going to do about it?" So I threw a cup of cold water on him. And I was all, "What's up now, bitch?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home