Thursday, February 10, 2005

Typical of my life

I was just thinking the other day, "You know, its been a while since I've been sick." Then I got sick. At first it was just a sore throat, so I thought, "At least my nose isn't stuffed up." Then my nose got stuffed up. I can't just lay around and vegetate, I've got two little critters that need to be fed and changed and bathed, as though it doesn't always suck to be sick. Because its just a cold so if I didn't have kids, I would have a job and then I'd have to go to work where people would ask me to do stuff and I'd want them to go away and do it themselves because I'm sick.
So then two days ago when I just started to feel bad, the toilet got crazy clogged. I plunged for an hour and got nowhere. So I had to call a plumber. He came in about an hour and was a real nice old guy, he had some kids about my age, a little younger. He asked me if I was a soccer player, I was wearing shorts, I hadn't got that comment in years so apparently carrying kids up and down stairs 5000 times a day has toned up my legs again. So that was a picker upper. I told him I grew up around here and he was asking my maiden name and stuff so I volunteered that I went to Borgia for high school and not Union and he was all, "Grrr, Borgia..." He got over that pretty quick though. Then he moved this little tray I have that has three glass containers that I have cotton balls and stuff in. It was on the back of the toilet and he needed back there so he moved it, looked back there and put it back and we kept talking. A couple minutes later it just slid right off the back, hit the toilet seat and schattered. As if plunging a toilet wasn't fun enough, I got to clean up glass on the same day, and with the plumber no less. Does it get better than this? I submit that it cannot.

3 Comments:

At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

who was the plumber....surely I know them...Gary Sperry? you would know him....Bill Stephens? older guy with a cane and a limp?

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Yeah, it was the dude with a cane and a limp. As a matter of fact, it was Stephens plumbing. So yeah, it was totally him. I liked him. When I called I said, "My name is Stacy. I have a clogged toilet. Can you help me?" He was amused by me.

 
At 1:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Bill Stephens well, in fact he and my Dad used to coach a team for Scott and his son, for years. Next toilet clog...go ahead and do the name drop. He's a real nice guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home