Friday, March 11, 2005

more bonko

I've been invited back to bonko. The first time Nicole asked me I thought I would be like a new member, but in bonko there are three tables of four, so somebody would have to die for me to get in for good. However, these are very busy women, so they are always needing a sub. Bonko isn't the funnest thing ever, but I'm still getting to know everybody, and just like everyone else in the group, bonko is just an excuse to get out of the house and away from the kids to talk to other women. I've been embracing my new townie identity and I've been skimming the Missourian for bits of interest. My mom told me that there is this old lady with a gossip column. She and my cousin were talking about it. Apparently they let this old lady write whatever the crap she wants about anybody. She said some crap about my cousin two years ago and she is still mad about it, so is my mom. I read the column and it is so lame. She is super involved in all these things around town, like the senior center and garden club. She just talks about where she went and what she did during the week. I think the occasion of anyone telling her anything interesting is few and far between. She was talking to this high school kid and the poor kid ends up with his name in bold in her column and she told the world what they spoke about, which was like nothing. I think it would be funny to play jokes on this lady and watch them play out in her column... once the kids are in school, I'm going to have some free time.

2 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I was part of a bunko group kind of. The group was started by the sister-in-law of one of my co-workers so I only knew the 2 people in the group I worked with. All 3 of us from work just dreaded going, but we had an okay time once there. The thing that killed us was this one girl cheated. We all would throw in $5 at the beginning and the top 3 would get a $ prize and the last place would get her $ back. This girl would always win and then one week she would get last place I guess not trying to be obvious about cheating all the time. IT'S BUNKO LADY. Do you really have to win? As you stated the whole purpose is just to get out. Anyway I got kicked out of the group because I only went about 3 times over the course of a year. The group just really wasn't my crowd.

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

When they were picking a date for the next game, I was just sitting there like an orphan. The lady sitting next to me said I should go ahead and mark my calendar and I can be a permanent sub. How very nice of her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home