Monday, March 07, 2005

my life this week

Let me tell you about my life, which is what this is for right? Me and Isabella have been sick for a week. The typical miserable feverish snot-nosed head cold. When I thought we had turned a corner, Gabe caught it too. So now we are all miserable together. Mom is on duty for Elliott and Nicole at least Monday and Tuesday, so I'm beginning another week of isolation. I feel guilty asking mom to help me when she isn't helping them because she is with babies all day long... and they aren't even hers. All grown up and Elliott is still screwing me over, that's so typical.
Today is trash day. One of my nieghbors thought he'd be cool and put his trash out the day before, then we had a big windstorm last night. Yeah, he spent the morning wishing he hadn't thrown out so much shit. He was right outside my yard with his little Jack Russel terrier picking up trash. My dogs had been barking but they stopped to stiff noses through the fence. I knocked on a window to get their attention. All I did was get the guy's attention. So I waved like an idiot, he waved back so whatever. Like an hour later I was in the office at the front of the house and putting Gabe in the swing. I look out our giant window and there's the guy again in the middle of my front yard. And there's his dog, pinching one off in my yard. He looked back and saw what the dog was doing and jerked the leash. I KNOW he was thinking what every dog owner in that situation was thinking, "I sure hope they didn't see that" because he looked up at that moment and there I was, waving at him through the window. You know what they say, timing is everything.

1 Comments:

At 5:41 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

Yeah, but Elliott bitches and moans more. I think they have already had either my mom or Nicole's parents take both of the kids overnight at least four times now. Olivia's only seven weeks old.
I guess they give me lots of credit. If I can do it without help in Texas, I can do it here too. Elliott will tell anybody he's ready to sell his kids to the circus. I think Cole would fit in well as the giant man child.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home