Monday, February 21, 2005

a very serious potty discussion

So I'm in the throws of potty training Isabella. I started in early fall, and it will probably take over a year. I'm okay with that, Rome wasn't built in a day, and I think I'm doing a pretty good job. So then I started thinking about training Gabe. So I picked Todd's brain on the subject, "So do you teach boys to sit and pee first and then they stand later? Because how do I know if he's going to go #1 or #2? I couldn't begin to explain to a toddler about sitting sometimes and standing sometimes. And I mean, what, like a guy in his twenties, he hits his mark about half the time right? So a toddler, like one in ten? I don't know how much pee I can clean up off the floor/toilet/wall." Yeah, Todd decided you teach them to sit first. My brother decided to kick it up a notch I think after I announced that Isabella peed in the pot for the first time two months ago, and Cole was eight months older and had yet to do so. He was over here several weeks ago and Cole was acting like he had to #2 so Elliott decided to take him in the bathroom and see if he would go on Isabella's kiddie pot. I was outside the door, it sounded like he was wrestling an alligator. This went on for several minutes until they both burst out of the bathroom, Cole naked from the waist down. He was running around screaming. Elliott was following him holding a diaper saying, "just pee in this..." This also went on for several minutes. My brother, he's a funny guy. On many occations I laugh both with him, and at him. Good luck with the potty training big guy. Good luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home