Friday, May 20, 2005

How my week went

Well, I had lunch with Sister Mary Gerard the other day. She was expecting my mom to pick her up but she sent me instead and she had no idea who I was and why I was there. That is until I told her I was Stacy and my mom sent me, then she was all over me about how grown up I was and whatever. She loved the names of my kids. She's been a teacher forever and she's seen a decline in the sanity of names over the years. She loved the named Gabriel, as all the holy rollers do. My mom actually mentioned to Sister that he was named after the archangel. I'm thinking, Mom, seriously, she's a nun, she knows who Gabriel is. Sister brought up Sister Ann Bernadette, she said Sister Ann complained about how hard the parents were on her when she taught our class. I held my tounge, for like once in my life. What am I going to do? Light into an eighty year old nun about how tough some other nun was on my class. So I let it go for good.
Yesterday my grandma's friend was riding the train from St. Louis into Washington with her great grandaughter and her nieghbor and her granddaughter. So I end up at the train station at 9:30 in the morning with both my kids, meeting my mom and the old ladies and a three year old and a five year old. My mom had her lab with her because on that particuar morning she had to take her to the vet. So then we take them to the park to play. The park was really close but mom didn't know where it was so she was following me. I was seriously going 18 miles an hour and I was loosing my mom. I just kept thinking, I can't go much slower... So anyway we play at the park, it was so humid and hot and the kids needed naps that I decided to go home, they really didn't need me. That's when I ended up with mom's lab, who, by the way, is arch enemies with Laney. My mom felt the need to tell me not to put her in my yard. I'm thinking, "No shit?" This dog never goes out of my mom's yard so it took some convicing to even get her in my house. Two minutes after getting home, my mom calls me and the whole gang is coming to my house now. She also has my nephew at this point. I've been instructed to order pizza, even though it is 10:30 in the morning, because they have to be on the train at 12:15. I told her I could make hot dogs because nothing would be open, but it had to be pizza. So I found a place that would take my order and fill it as soon as they opened at 11:00. Mom was having a spasm over the pizza not getting there soon enough. All was fine though and everyone made it to the train on time. Of course then I was left with my two kids and my nephew and the lab. My mom was to retreive Cole's special blanket while she was gone but then it was discovered she left it at the park in the diaper bag she had forgotten. Nobody had taken her bag and she eventually made it back to retrieve the dog and the kid. At times like those, I wonder how I get talked into random stuff like that, because I always seem to end up watching 6 kids and 8 dogs.
Some kid rang my doorbell the other day and wanted to cut my grass for $20. Me and Todd have been having a lot of grass cutting issues lately. Who's going to cut it, who's going to trim it, the weedeater's broke, etc. So I took the kid up on it. I saw some thing on the Today Show about how people don't have weekends anymore. They either take their work home or spend the whole time running errands. So I figure that is some more time me and Todd can spend relaxing with the kiddies. Of coarse, that doesn't include the giant project Todd has taken on. Every Saturday he spends at the shop with his dad building a stock trailor. Todd thinks it will take him six weeks to complete it. So there goes every Saturday out the window.

4 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do not feel bad at all. Sister Sassy should have gotten even more parents on her then what she did. The bags under her eyes are enough for any parent to call in. BTW I got your pictures. Very nice, I can't beleive that was done on a digital. ohh and I am starting to update my blog again so go and check it out.

Chad

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

You got your nuns confused. Sister Ann Bernadette was our second grade teacher that is in the same order as Sister Mary Gerard. Sister Roseanne, aka "Sissy Rosey" aka "Sista Sassy", our seventh grade teacher, was after Sister Mary Gerard's time and in a different order of nuns and she quit the nun thing to get married, so Sister Mary Gerard doesn't know her. It was Sister Ann Bernadette that had the parents on her case, not Sister Sassy.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

...although, I'm sure Sister Sassy had few things to say to your parents during the parent teacher conferences. What your parents had to say, I can only imagine...

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats right. I always get them confused.

Chad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home