Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Another ink shortage

My mom, who is totally awesome, went and bought me two of each of my ink cartriges so I wouldn't run out and have a crisis again, like I always do. So yesterday my light black went out and I went through my stash and there wasn't one in there. That's when it occured to me that I didn't take inventory of my ink cartriges when she bought them, I just put them away. My mom came over shortly after and I said something about being out of light black and she said she saw that cartridge but she didn't think I would need it. My mom lives in magic fairy tale land where if you ignore something it will go away. Back here on earth, my printer is locked up and all the lights are flashing wanting some light black. I used up all my ink printing off photos from my grandparents party. My mom did the same thing, but she didn't use Photoshop, even though I told her ten million thousand times that her other programs won't utilize her printer to its full capabilites. I show up to her house and my grandma is using scissors to cut her pictures out of letter paper. My mom said, I tried to lighten them but they don't look right. I'm all, why didn't you use photoshop and don't you have 4x6 photopaper? It is faster to use this other photo program and just print them off like this. And it is somehow easier to have my grandma with artritic hands to cut them out than to use your papercutter? She's all, "Whatever, what's the big deal?" I always end up writhing on the floor from my mother's indifference to crappy photos. Somehow my anal retentiveness will eventually kill me, I believe...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home