Happy Anniversary
Its my grandparents anniversary today. The big 6-0. I thought 50 was a big deal, but that was ten years ago. They left 'big deal' in the dust and are embarking on 'happy to still be alive and well'.When Elliott told Grandpa about the next great-grandkid, Grandpa said it gave him another reason to live, or rather another date to aim for. He said the first date was his big anniversary party that is this Saturday. Then it was Grandma's birthday in September, it will be her 80th. Now he HAS to live until January. He acts as though the grim reaper is knocking on his door, but he is actually in good health. Maybe a lot of old people think that way. His mother lived until after I was married. I think he should consider that he might actually be with us for another ten years or longer. I guess it is easier to prepare for death. Whether he likes it or not, congrats to him and grandma... for putting up with each other... and living long enough. I guess that is really what an anniversary is. "You're still here and we aren't dead." So way to go!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home