cookin' with Stacy
I made four more zucchini cakes today. I only meant to make three, but I had so darn much batter, I filled a loaf pan too. I tried a new recipe. Zapple Bundt. It is supposed to taste like apple only with zucchini instead. Darn if it doesn't taste like an apple cake! Its pretty darn good. Do you have any idea what it is like to triple a cake recipe? Expecially one that is to go in a bundt pan, its madness! I had 12 cups of zucchini, 9 eggs, 9 cups of flour, 6 cups of sugar, it was madness, madness!! My mom got me this super giant bowl, and that was what I had to use to mix everything together on the final step. It was supposed to be mixed with a mixer but I was like a witch over a calderon with my big spoon. I actually only had two eggs, but I was already in the middle of making the cakes and the kids were asleep so I had to call Nicole and have Elliott bring me some on his way back from lunch. When I opened the door he said, "Reed's egg delivery service." He was shaking his head like I was nuts, but its his wife that gives me twenty pounds of zucchini every week. What am I supposed to do? Eat it raw? I have a zucchini cookbook! Do you know how many recipes I haven't even tried yet?I also like to make my own pizza. One time I was making it and the mixer was going and I was adding oregeno. Well, if you sprinkle it on the side too much then it will just spray the side and not get in the dough. So I was holding it real close to the eye of the storm so it would get all through the dough, until I got too close and the dough swallowed up my oregano shaker. I fished it out. I bet you couldn't even tell, could you, Jeremey? Yeah, that happened the last time you were here.
I figure you have to make a lot of mistakes before you get to be a really good cook. I'm actually focusing on baking. I'm not all that good at cooking, but I have my moments, good and bad. My grandma is an awesome cook, but look how old she is. She's had a lot of practice. My grandma is a great cook, but she's never made a Zapple cake before, so in that respect, I've got her beat. I made a couple of zucchini chocolate cakes for the 4th. I did the cheezy thing where I made a flag on the cake with blueberries and strawberries. My grandma was eating the "stars" when she reflected that she had never eaten a blueberry before. Me and Elliott were blown away. How do you get to be 79 having never eaten blueberry before? I guess she can cross that off the ole' list.

1 Comments:
I thought that pizza tasted a little funny...
-jeremey
Post a Comment
<< Home