It is so freaking dark outside
I woke up when Todd got up and I couldn't get back asleep. So its 5:53 and here I am. Yesterday was funny though and I want to write about it before I like start ironing or something. So the store is going to open up soon and I've been working on my cards. I generally hate setting up photos, but some things don't happen naturally and you have to help them out. So I got this idea for a birthday card, where a baby pig has a party hat on. Gold, right? So where do I turn when I need a pig? Nicole. I call her up, and she is always a sport with my crazy ideas. So she meets me out at the farm. She asks me what size of pig I want and I tell her I want a brand new one. So we go into the nursery, they have a different name for it but I don't remember it and it won't mean anything to you anyway. To start off, I should tell you there are three different colors of pig, white, black and red. Allmost all of them are white, but sometimes there is a red or black one. The red ones are by far, the cutest. Nicole finds a white one that looks good. I wanted a tiny one so I suggested a runt, but she would have nothing of it, it HAD to look "good", can't be advertising bad product. So to catch a piglet, you grab one of its hind legs and lift it up and carry it like that. I thought that was a little harsh. They were the size of a puppy, so why not hold it like a puppy? I'll come back to that later. So she puts it in another pen but I ask her if we can take it outside in the grass. She says, "Do you feel like running?" I don't exactly feel like chasing a pig, but a birthday card won't have the right tone in the hog house, so out we go. This pig was a pain in the ass. Nicole couldn't let it go or we would still be chasing it. And it squealed a lot. So I took some photos in the grass and it wasn't going well, so I ask her to hold it like a puppy. So she did, and it shit on her. She was a sport about it, as always, and didn't even mention it. I got some cute ones. So we bring it back and Nicole REALLY wants to get this red one. It is the only red baby they have right now and she said it looked really good. Under the notes for the mother, it said "crabby" and it wasn't lying. These mothers are so freaking huge. Nicole was trying to reach over and get this baby and the mother was growling at her. Keep in mind, Nicole is coming up on her third trimester and going head to head with a pig is not on her doctor's 'to do' list. So we are going back and forth about what to do about this pig when she sees her dad driving up. She flags him down and sends him IN the pen to get the pig. He was in nice clothes but he got right in there with this pissed off pig and it didn't give him any shit. Well worth it. This pig was far more cooperative and way cute. I told her to put on its notes, "Very photogenic" But hey, you be the judge.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home