Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Texas House

Well, we are in the ten day waiting period where they can back out of the contract. They got the house inspected and we recieved a list of 22 things they want "fixed" on the house. Here are the highlights: (All at seller's expense)
They want us to put on a new roof.
They want us to fix the sprinkler system, which, by the way, isn't broken, the inspector just didn't know how to work it.
They want us to fix the cracks in the walls, which, by the way, shouldn't be there after we paid nearly $2000 to repaint the interior just last month.
They want the cracks in the driveway fixed. Our nieghbor just patched them, so I guess they want us to pour a new driveway?
They want us to buy and place smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors. I have two things to say about this: The house already had a smoke detector, but I bought three more when I had my kids. I bought batteries and placed them myself. If the inspector can't find them, then fucking look up because they are on the ceiling where the smoke goes. Secondly, if you want more smoke detectors or a carbon monoxide detector, or even new flowers in front of the house, fucking go to Wal-Mart and buy them yourself.
They want the furnace checked because it emitted carbon monoxide when it was turned on. Here's a news flash: Every furnace stinks when you first turn it on for the winter. This house is new and the furnace totally stank when I turned it on last week. Its fucking Texas, the furnace hasn't been on since last Christmas.
So I talked to Todd so we were on the same page when I speak to our realtor. So our united stance is, "We aren't fixing anything, we lived with it and so will you." I'd like to add, "What's up now, bitches?" Any house that isn't brand new will have a hairy inspection report. By the way, me and Todd HATE house inspectors. What a bunch of bastards. They are all, "Well, I don't know how to work it so it must be broken." Bastards, I say. Just wait until you guys all try to sell your houses... you will want to kick the inspector in the head.

2 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are back and that you had a "somewhat" good trip. It was hard while you were gone, I had nothing new to read in the mornings. I understand your despise for inspectors. I had one inspect my house and said that it was in tip top shape before I bought it. Then all this shit started going down with it afterward. i was all "where the hell is that inspector now," as I am sopping up water from my basement floor. So now I am desperatly trying to get some bozo to clear some time out of his busy schedule of ripping other people off to come and install a new sump pump for me. The joys of growing up and home owning. Hey do you remember a time when our biggest problem was whether or not Sister Sasy was going to catch us doing the wave behind her back. Ahhh the good old days. Well i better get ready to teach the future of america.

Chad Greife

P.S. in the dream were you talking about Aaron "Pendelton's" brother "ryan" i think is his name? God he has a kid too. jesus is everyone in the free world multipling except me.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Stacy said...

No, I was talking about Aaron Allen's brother. You are the second person to make that assumption. I am not here to start any rumors. Ryan Pendleton does not, to my knowledge, have any children, and I have no reason to believe otherwise. Aaron Allen's older brother Brian has three sons. The youngest is Isabella's age. They should be appearing in toddler shoe ads together in the Missourian in another month or so, God willing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home