Wedding preparation
We are going to our third wedding of the year this weekend. A record for both of us. I am offically just a guest. Todd is offically the best man. He is under the illusion he will be able to help me a bunch with the kids. I was originally under the illusion that I was going to get to leave them at home. Todd insisted that we bring them so they can frolic together with his best friend Don's kids. I tried telling him that Don and his wife April don't give a crap about our kids, but he was sure that they did. I have really been studying people and how they interact with my kids and other kids, and I'm sure that nobody really wants to spend large amounts of time with other people's kids, even if they are related. Even a grandma, if given the option to do exactly as she pleases, will come and see the kids every day or every other day for about twenty minutes. I love it/hate it when people act all disappointed when I don't bring my kids somewhere. They always say that they would have liked to have seen them. Not help with them, feed them, chase them, deal with them when they start crying because we are someplace inappropriate for small children. No, they just want to see them. Then they would like to see my ass leave early because the kids were bringing the party down. Only a very close friend or one with a child will take the initiative and help with the children. Todd's brother will help, when he told told he has no choice. This amuses me. "Justin, here's the food, here's the spoon, feed Gabe, its just like feeding yourself, only smaller."So anyway, we are driving ten hours, we will be gone four days, wish me luck as I will need it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home