Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Farm Tragedies

There was a farm tragedy recently. A friend of Nicole's family was killed by a bull. The bull had been giving them trouble so the farmer went out to load up the bull to take it to market, and it broke his neck. I'm thinking the bull never made it to market and now lays in the middle of a field with a bullet in his head. Farm tragedies are pretty common, although usually they are having to do with a tractor. Nicole's brother just last week almost died from carbon monoxide poisoning. He was cleaning out some kind of building with some kind of machine. The building wasn't getting enough air and the next thing he knew he was stumbling over to turn off the machine and made it through the door before he blacked out. He was pretty shook up about it and said he had one hell of a headache from it. Its just crazy, I was just laughing about running from a sow. Granted, I knew I was in trouble if she caught me, but you can't go about life being scared of everything. Farmers have balls of steel and very dangerous jobs, so think of that the next time you are eating anything ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home