Saturday, May 13, 2006

saturday at the store

Highlights of the day include:
My grandpa coming in and saying, "I just stole something and you didn't even see it." Then he gave me two dollars for the thing he put in his pocket. A minute before, he had held up a pot and said, "Is this what I broke at your mom's house the same day she bought it?"
"Yup."
Then there was this random lady that I couldn't get a read on. I told her that the toddler shoes squeaked and she said that she thought that they would. What an odd thing to presume. Then she said something about someone opening a store in Washington that is going to sell squeaky shoes. It was then I thought, she is surely a spy for the competition, since the store isn't even open yet and she knows that both of us see squeaky shoes. I know a rat when I see one. She didn't buy anything.
Then there was the old classmate of my brother's. She came in for the THIRD TIME in the past WEEK. This time she was shopping for her dad for her mom for Mother's day. She wanted some help so I asked her what her budget was, she said he gave her $100, she spent $97 of it, she didn't need much help.
Then there was my old high school teacher. She had been in several times before, but it had been a while. She said that her sons were in the car, but she wanted to know what new things I had so I gave her the tour and she left. She had walked over from the store across the street so we saw her coming. My mom was the one that first spied her and she said, "Look who it is..." That's when I looked up and heard storm trooper music playing. It is not like she was abandoning her children or anything, for the record, since they were in their twenties, but that didn't stop them from being big babies that didn't want to come in the store. She said that she would be back and I believe her. Storm Trooper theme music aside, she really is a nice person.
In any event, I didn't do as much business as I wished I would have, but I did do good business today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home