Monday, May 01, 2006

yet another attack on diet soda

I hate soda, but do you know what I hate even more than soda? DIET SODA. I could not hate this beverage more. The word 'diet' implies an overall attempt at healthy eating habits, however, YOU ARE DRINKING A FUCKING SODA! Do you know what is even in soda? Me niether. It is just a bunch of crazy chemicals, that you KNOW aren't good for you, some syrup type stuff, and not the maple stuff that they get from trees that you put on fluffy wonderful pancakes, this is the fake stuff. Then there is the carbonation. You are actively putting gas into your body. There are two different ways our bodies have for releaving gas, because it is so PAINFUL when it starts to accumulate, and yet, when consuming a soda, you are pouring that shit right into your body. So, my point is: soda isn't good for you, and you know it.
I went to the movies the other night with some random people. They proceded to order a big bucket of popcorn with extra butter and a diet soda. I, of coarse had to say something because that is what I do: "Diet? Seriously. There is nothing diet about a soda." Whenever I attack a diet soda, in the past, and on this very occasion, the answer is invariably, "No calories." No calories, huh? If I lick the butter off of one piece of popcorn in that tub, it will be more calories than I've had all day, but the SODA... this is where you choose to cut corners. I truly do hate soda. But if you want to drink it at a party, at the movies, most certainly at a bar, it is a recreation drink, go for it. It is the people that are addicted to it that always drink the diet stuff. 'No calories' they say, 'I need the caffene" they say. Nay I say to that, you are addicted, put the can down and pick up the phone and call some addiction helpline. Katie loves that I always tell people to drink orange juice. I actually suggested that at the movies and I was told that orange juice has more sugars than the diet soda. Diet soda what placed above orange juice in healthiness. I must say that I remain appalled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home