Thursday, May 04, 2006

project people

I like to say just when you think you are special, you realize everyone else does the same things you do. Like I used to think I was the only person that helped my dog catch things in the backyard, I just had a conversation with someone else who during a break from work, spent WAY too much time conspiring with her dog to catch a squirrel, for the record, the two of them were not successful.
Anyway, people like to come in the store and talk to me about a project they want me to do, or a photo they want me to restore, and they want a price. I'm all like, "Well, let me see the picture and I'll tell you how much." The answer is invariably, "Well, I didn't bring it with me." Dude, you came all the way down here and you didn't bring it? Katie's mom was just in my store when I called there randomly, she was put on the phone and spoke to me about doing a family tree project for her and she wanted it soon for Mother's Day. I told her I would be at the store soon, to leave the family tree stuff and I would pick it up and start on it. She said, "Well, I didn't bring it with me." Yeah, that would be rediculous!!!!!!! Sorry Katie, your mom does the same tricks as John Q. Public.

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

JQ public just can't win. Dude, from what I understand, she went into your store just to go into your store (directly contrary to the "I've been meaning to go in there commentary") As far as the project, she was just going to write it all out on a piece of paper nicely for Gma, but then saw your family collages on the wall and realized that you might be able to do something like that (at this point she was actually thinking that I could do something like that. I can't. Not even close) Then you called and landed the gig.

I call that a sale that was not poorly planned, but rather a sale that would never have been. (until of course, she tried to get me to do it and I would say...you totally have to get Stacy to do that, it's right up her alley)

Yo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home