Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Where did the all the love go?

In my youth, I used to be a superfan of this actor called Jonathan Brandis. Then somebody told me he killed himself. Like three years ago! Why didn't I get the memo? No wonder he killed himself. I used to be a superfan, and now he's been dead for years and I didn't even notice. I just assumed he got married and became a stock broker or something. How depressing. He was 27 when he died. They say Hollywood will chew you up and spit you out, they ain't kiddin'.
Now the guy that used to be Screech on Saved by the Bell is selling T-shirts in an attempt to save his house from being forclosed on by the bank. I'm tempted to buy one.
Why is it that we so love certain shows and the actors on them, and then in our old age, we dismiss the entire thing? In our youth we focus too much on making the characters out to be REAL, and then as we age, we make the entire thing out to be fake. There are real people behind every character. Even Barney has a man inside. I sympothize with the former child stars, to assume fame at a young age doesn't mess with a person's head, is to never to have placed eyes on Michael Jackson. Rest in Peace, Jonathan Brandis. I have your autographed photo here... somewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home