"The beef jerkey was really popular."
I got a paper from Isabella's school saying that they were collecting items to send with a group of troops to Iraq. The group in particular included the son of one of the teachers at the school, that I didn't really know, but I kind of do from growing up around him. The teacher I do know and also grew up around him. I thought I would really represent and get a bunch of stuff off the list. I get in the store, realized I had forgotten the list, and all I can remember on it is granola bars and beef jerkey. So I just buy a whole bunch of that. I left it in the van so I wouldn't forget to turn it in. Fast forward to this morning. I asked Todd why he wasn't eating breakfast. He went in the pantry and came out with a granola bar. He said that he was going to eat that because there was so many. He said he bought some because he didn't realize I bought some, he meant for the paintball extravaganza on Saturday that lasted 6 hours with all his friends. I told him it wasn't for him and his friends, it was for the troops in Iraq. He said what was left was in the pantry. I went looking for the beef jerkey and couldn't find it so I called him. He said that there wasn't any beef jerkey left because "The beef jerkey was really popular." I try to be nice to some actual troops, and I end up feeding a bunch of paintball weenies.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home