oh the agony
I've turned into 'that guy'. The one that always one ups whatever you are going to say before you say it. It isn't my fault, it is just how the stars align. Katie called me the other day to tell me how crappy her day was and I'm all, "You're day was crappy? You're day was crappy!? My credit card numbers were stolen!" Then she's all "Damn!" Today, would also be a lousy day to bitch to me. You see, since I don't have enough to worry about, a mouse has moved into my store. No one has seen it, but we have evidence, you don't need CSI to figure out there is a mouse around. So I buy traps and set them when I am there on Saturday and then after dropping Isabella off at school today, I went by to check the traps before one of my employees got there. I really don't feel like 'rodent disposal' was in their job description. I purposely don't make them do shitty stuff just because they work for me, what, am I like J. Lo? I submit that I am not. So I leave Gabe in the car, because 'this isn't going to take long' and go inside to check the traps. This is agony is itself, because I really really need to get rid of the mouse, but I really really don't want to see, or dispose of a dead body. I almost went by there with Todd last night on our way home because he's 'country' and he owes me a little for this weekend, but I kind of forgot about it and didn't think it was that big of a deal. Then this morning, the first two traps were empty. I peeked around the corner and the first thing I saw was the pin for the trap so I KNEW it had been tripped before I even looked at the trap. So I drew back and prepared myself to see a dead mouse before I peeked again. So I looked around the corner and there was the dead mouse. Then I had to leave the room and prepare myself mentally to dispose of the thing. I swept it into a dustpan and dropped it into a box. It was far too much exposure to a dead mouse as far as I am concerned and I hope above all else, that there was only one mouse. I most certainly will call the store this morning and the beginning of the convo will go like this: "Do you know how much I like you? Do you!?" I'm the best boss ever. This particlar employee did get me something for bosses day. I told her I wasn't her boss, I'm just the spastic person that signs her checks. They need a day for that.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home