"I want to buy one at a discount!"
I have these painted glass window hanging things at my store. One in particular is pretty big, and it has a beautiful farm scene on it. Retail is $45. I cannot keep this thing in stock. Nicole buys me out every time. This time I thought with Christmas coming and all, I would buy 10, which is a lot. Nicole didn't even know I reordered them or how many but I did hear that her and her mom went into my store wanting three of them. They hadn't come in yet. I picked them up for her when they came in and rang it up so she would know how much to write the check for. I always give her a discount unless she is buying something tiny, because then, who cares? So she basically got one free after the discount. My Aunt ses the reciept taped to one of the boxes. At first, she commented on how expensive they were, but I told her she was looking at the total, and she HAD bought THREE, and I did give her a discount. Then she looks closer, sees the money that was taken off, and exclaims, "I want to buy one at a discount!" I told her, you don't ASK for a discount, you just GET a discount as it suits my fancy. So I got her one of the farm scenes and gave her the same discount, even though now I really didn't want to. If she said she wanted a bigger discount, I would have gone Soup Nazi on her. The nerve.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home