When to give up?
At what point do you give up? I know you are thinking, "You should never give up!" But seriously, sometimes, you have to give up. I was supposed to be interviewed for the paper today at 1:00. The next thing I know, it is 1:30, then 2:00 then 2:30. At what point do you say, "You know what, they ain't comin'." I called the paper and they did some searching, let's say... investigating, and the reporter is at a doctor's appointment in St. Louis. That's when I blew out all my pretty candles and called it a day. Right around an hour and a half late.I had another meeting earlier today at 11:00. It was with a rep, which is slang for dude that represents several companies and tries to get me to buy shit for my store. He HAD to meet at 11:00 the exact time I was supposed to be picking up my daughter at school two blocks away. I figured he could wait five minutes and look around. I was going to ask my mom to help, but she is on her way to Arizona for a week of golfing. So I had picked up t-ravs for the kids, had the high chairs ready, marched them in, hooked them up and gave each one a rav and still no rep. They were each like on the third ravioli before he got there. We shared some pleasantries, breezed through some books. The kids were done eating and ready to go to the playroom in no time. So I took them up, told him all the crap I wanted to reorder, picked out like 4 new things and put my hands up and declared myself done spending money. I've got two ticking time bombs, that makes you make decisions really quick. I got the kids in bed and was ready for the next meeting and it never happened, that can really ruin a person's day you know. The waiting. Now I have to reschedule. More planning. More waiting. More hoping the kids are asleep.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home