Wednesday, November 08, 2006

bored housewife jobs

Have you ever heard of a bored housewife job? I heard that term once and it really seemed to hit the nail on the head. Ever heard of tupperware parties? Or any of the million deamon spawn of it? The lady giving the speech about how this product is the greatest product ever and so much better than its far lesser priced compeditors... that would be the bored housewife. I have a special place in my heart for these greed parites. The host gets free shit for having the party. This is no secret. In fact, when you are at the party, it is rubbed in your face that Suzy Q got free shit for trying to get you to buy overpriced crap. Then, they sometimes hold you hostage until two more people volunteer to host parties themselves. Suzy Q will also get more free shit for you hosting a party, and it is essential for the bored housewife to get more parties off of this one, or the pyramid scheme won't work. The bored housewife also tries to find other bored housewives, so they can work under her, and push herself higher up the pyramid. I have so many problems with this.
Katie's cousin emailed me, I don't know her at all, she took my email address off of a mass mail Katie sent. She wanted to tell me about her new business selling kid's toys. I have to say, the fact that she said she started her own business, apparently didn't occur to her that I would find that offensive. I am the one, in fact, that has started my own business. It involves lots of money, time, stress, employees, a lawyer and an accountant. The term for what she is doing is she is 'bored housewife sales rep for overpriced yuppie kids toys at the bottom of a pyramid scheme.' I've already told Katie of my distain for such things. So my annoyance is no surprise. She wanted to put some stuff in my store, I nicely told her it wasn't going to happen. She did come by my store when I told her I would buy a puzzle, since my little darling loves puzzles, and to be nice, which is the only reason you buy shit from those parites. Now that I have a cataloge, I will type up a selection on the bongo drums. I swear I have not changed anything.

-----------

c. bongo set
Tarzan played these. Call your little adventurer down from the vine. Two drums in one so he can express every beat, every emotion, and every story inside. So put on a favorite drumming recording-something from the The Drum Circle CD-and play along. Makes a great homework break. (color varies)
3 and up $55.95

-----------

Somehow I doubt Tarzan's mom shelled out 56 bucks for bongos. Katie's cousin said she had been in my store before. I didn't think this was true since I didn't have her on any lists of customers. As it turns out, when she was in my store, she admitted to only having bought cards before. If she paid cash, and didn't talk with my employees, she could have flown under the radar pretty easily. In any event, she didn't buy any of my adorable $5-$10 kids stuff for her daughter, good luck unloading those $56 bongos on the locals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home