I got my identity stolen
And apparently it happens to everyone. The more people I talk to, it either has happened to them or their best friend. In my case, they used my social and birthdate to take our four cell phones with Sprint. Racked up $2040 in charges and cancelled. A creditor called me on Thursday afternoon. The first time they called, I didn't recognize the caller ID but decided to answer anyway. They didn't say anything right away so I thought it was a telemarketer and hung up. Gabe was screaming into the phone so I thought they would get the message. Then they called again two minutes later, but I didn't pick it up and thought I'd let them talk to the machine. They hung up on the machine. Then they called again two minutes later and didn't want this to be the rest of my day so I answered. The chick was nice enough, I think fraudulent cell phones are common at Sprint since they apparently do no checking. She showed me how to file a fraud claim on Sprint's website. She didn't, however, tell me to send a written dispute to her company, which you have to do within ten days or they consider the claim valid. I know my rights, bitch. So I had to send off a bunch of notarized certified mail today. Superfun. The suspicious address that showed up on my credit report, was the same suspicious address that showed up on Todd's dad credit report after someone tried to steal his identity last year. The plot thinkens. I've been my own personal PI since I don't think anyone else gives a shit. My own mother "whatevered" me when I told her I was researching on the internet. I've got strep throat too by the way. Diagnosed today. I didn't start feeling bad until last night, but I thought I would nip this in the bud and go in first thing this morning. I went to go pick up Isabella from school and one of the moms came to talk to me, I told her of my recent events and reluctantly she said, "So you haven't had much time to think about the Halloween party...." I'm the head room mother. I think I might sign away my rights to her regarding this party. Halloween just isn't my thing anyway.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home