Friday, February 18, 2005

Thoughts about television

So ABC has this show wife swap. I haven't seen it, but the first episode was creating a lot of buzz before it even aired. They swapped a stay at home mom that helped with her husbands business with an airess... and entics ensued. Of coarse everyone swears that they will change and whatever. So I'm reading this update thing about that episode. The blue collar family husband appreciates his wife more and stopped drinking since she didn't like it. I'm thinking, "good for him". The super rich family, who has both three kids and three nannies, well, they didn't turn loose any of their nannies, but the dad totally tries to come home for dinner once a week, and if he can't then he totally tries to help at bathtime, if he has time... The wife, well, she has decided to start taking acting lessons again. She quit when she had her first kid, but golly, she has all these OPPORTUNITIES from being on the show. What I can't get over is the three nannies. So are they working man to man or more of a zone? What does the mom do? I mean I saw clips from the show where she is shopping and stuff. But I mean shopping, like all day every day? What kind of half-assed mom is she? She has THREE people working for her? I think a couple of her kids are school aged, so she doesn't even need the nannies for those hours. Do you know how much this blows my mind? I take care of two babies all day every day, I manage to keep the house a certain amount of clean, I pay the bills, God-forbid sometimes I even cook, and I EVEN find time to write the occasional email and write on this here blog. What would I do with a nanny? Where's the challenge? I would probably write more on this blog, no wait, a gym membership, yes, that is what I would do. If I'm going to be a primadonna with a nanny, at least I would have great abs.
Did anyone see CSI Miami this week? They had a guy on that was an even more cheesy horrible actor than David Carusso. It was like an act-off, only in a bad way. He was a diplomat's son and he was a homeboy wannabe that was smuggling drugs. DC was all, "I'm gonna git you" and homeboy was all, "Bring the pain DC, I've got diplomatic immunity." So he manages to prove that his father is not his biological father and gets the dad to disown the son and DC arrests him. As Kelso would say, "BURN!" Could this show rule more? Next week: ALLIGATORS. I might just tape it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home