Saturday, February 19, 2005

they've caught the tader

I don't know if everyone knows this, but I'm a menace to society. I've been on the most wanted list for years. Back when I was very pregnant with Isabel, I didn't make a full and complete stop at a deserted intersection, and I had two cops pull me over. Once I got pulled over while sitting in traffic downtown by a motorcycle cop. Apparently I had forgotten to get my car inspected by the due date and that is just plain illegal. A couple weeks ago I got a ticket for parking on the wrong side of the street, in front of my house, on a dead end street. That was my third violation. As soon as I walk outside, the cops are just waiting to haul my ass to jail and throw away the key. There were two cops sitting outside my house in the middle of the night this past Thursday. I know this because my baby was awake and my dog was barking at them. I wish I had one of those horn things so I could yell stuff at them. That, and I wish I had the balls to do it. "Loitering is illegal...I've called the police..." or maybe "I've moved my car, leave me alone." or "If this is a stake out, you're doing it wrong, we can all see you." or "You've got the wrong address, the southside strangler lives at 516 Quail Ridge, not 516 Eagle Ridge." Or maybe just shine a giant spotlight on them. I really don't have any problem with police officers, I just wish they would find someone else to torment besides me. I've got a hot tip on this guy named Chad that broke into his neighbor's house....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home