service and support
I just saw yet another Dell commercial patting themselves on the back for how freaking wonderful their service and support is. Have you ever called these jerks? The only reason they have won awards is because everyone else sucks EVEN MORE. I had the wonderful experience of talking to the Dell people not ever so long ago. Let me tell you about it. First of all, the only reason I called them was because my computer was still under warrenty and the computer actually said, "You are fucked, call Dell." So first I'm on hold for who knows how long, and I have to listen to a recording. "Many problems can be solved by restarting your computer..." then it procedes to tell me how to restart my computer. After that little lesson, they play music for thirty seconds, then the recording starts again: "You probably have a virus or a worm, this is not covered under warranty and is totally not our problem, go buy a virus scan and fuck off." (I'm paraphrasing) More music. Another recording: "Just hang up the phone, you don't have a problem" More music. Another recording, "Buy a new computer, clearly yours sucks." So thrity minutes later I actually talk to someone. He has to get all the service codes off of my computer before he will do anything else, God forbid I am trying to get them to help with a computer that is other than a Dell. Then he asks for my phone number in case we are disconnected. I'm thinking, "Are you going to hang up on my ass when you get tired of talking to me? What kind of phone system is this?" So I give it to him and just when we are getting somewhere, the phone gets disconnected. Did he call me back. Um... no.While I'm at it. I hate Michael Dell. During my time in Austin, he decided to lay off half the city and take their jobs to some third world country where he can pay everyone three cents a day. The economy goes to the crapper. Not only is my house worth about thrity grand less than it should be, but we couldn't sell it if we tried. Screw you Michael Dell. Screw you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home