SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!
So Todd put his beloved Supra up for sale, $1500, he paid $1800 three years ago for it. He did put some highly expensive wheels on it which is why there is no way we could except less for it. We thought for sure some high school kid would be killing himself to get to it because of the wheels and the speakers and all the other high schooly stuff he did to it. But alas, it was a woman in her forties that came a-callin' who had a fairly new suburban, of all things, that she was going to sell and replace with Todd's 1988 Supra!? She called and I told her to come at 6:30 so she could talk to Todd but I saw her out there looking it over in the middle of the day, because I spy on the entire neighborhood all day long. Apparently, she went to the bank and got CASH after looking at it. She came early that night with her 18 year old son and his friend. The kids loved the thing and the son barely let her test drive it. The husband showed up after Todd got home and tried to haggle the price while the wife was still test driving. Todd said no way because this was DAY 1 it was for sale. The wife came back from the test drive, they were gone for over twenty minutes, she said, "I have $1475 cash, is that close enough?" Todd said yes and that was all she wrote.We've been trying to rent our house in Texas since houses have not been selling down there at all. It has not been going well. Todd thought we would place two adds, one for sale and one for rent in the paper. We immediatly get a call, a real estate agent representing our mailman. 24 hours later we have an offer a mere $2500 under our asking price, and he wants to lease it during the inbetween time of closing, which would give us another $500. Our mailman is a really nice guy, since many of our friends and family have sent us many a package over the last four years, especially the last two years, I've talked to him a LOT. I told Todd not to bust his balls and just take the offer, cause seriously, what are we going to get, another $500? So that fucker is sold baby!
We have finally trimmed the old Texas fat. We only own one car, I'm still borrowing my mom's old beater minivan. I never go ANYWHERE except for the grocery store once a week, so I decided I don't need a new car that is going to take food out of my babies mouths. We can pay off our other car and just roll around in all this extra money, or at least not live check to check anymore. So goodie for me. I'm going to buy a lottery ticket, I think this week is my week. If I win, pizza for everyone!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home