If dumb old Stacy can do it...
I remain highly annoyed when people assume that because I can do something, then automatically, they can do it too. I used to do work for Todd's old job where I would manipulate a picture so it would look like the finished product. Todd said he caught his boss in Photoshop trying to do some of this so he would have to ask me to do it. He just couldn't get it right. What? Just because you are an engineer that suddenly you are an expert at Photoshop? Even if you are a whiz, believe it or not, you DO need a certain about of artistic vision to imagine it before you can do it. My mom is bad about this too. She will ooo and ahh watching me in Photoshop and then go home and try to copy me, which I know is a form of flattery, but is it really? She will even take her camera and try to retake a photo I've taken. I know she is thinking, 'All she's doing is pointing her camera at it'. But couldn't we all reduse each other's jobs to such simplicity? A physical therapist is just stetching around on people. A teacher is just telling kids to read this and write that. Katie was watching me in Photoshop the other day and said something about how awesome I was, I'm like, THANK YOU! Someone who doens't immediatly think, "I could do that." Lets have some respect for EVERYONE'S professions shall we?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home