Thursday, June 16, 2005

I'm a closet activist

I admit it, I'm a closet activist. Todd suspects it, I'm sure. I'm getting more brazen with every passing week. It all started when I was pregnant with Isabella. A girl came to my door collecting donations for Save the Children. It broke my heart to think of little babies starving to death, so I gave her $50. Then every time Save the Children mailed me something, I would give them more money.
Then one time on my way back from a doctor's appointment when I was pregnant with Gabe, I stopped to get gas and the gas station was collecting for muscular dystrophy. For people who don't know, my friend Mary's baby has MD. So I said I would give. The girl couldn't believe it because apparently the guy right before her bit her head off for asking because he thought people should donate to him. So she was a little gun shy.
Then when we moved to Missouri, I got the special plates where you donate to help prevent child abuse. The lady at the DMV was so put off when I asked for the special plates. She was so snotty, she was all, "You know you have to donate $25?" Its freakin' child abuse lady! You should be promoting the plates! Don't get snotty with me! I can see the plates across the room! Get off your ass and get me some!
So now I've joined the ONE compaign. You don't even have to give any money. Although, I'm thinking about donating and getting the wristband. Then the world will know... I care about little babies other than my own. God forbid I wear the wristband around my brother, he is such as asshole by the way. I don't think I know anybody that is a bigger asshole. He'd be all, "You care about poverty in other countries, what a loser..." When really, he's the looser, because he is desperatly trying to be cool, and high school is long over. Nobody even liked him in high school because he was one of THOSE cool guys, that was like mean to people. Nicole will be writing checks to Save the Children before the month is over, then the joke will be on him... bwa! ha! ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home